lunes, 11 de septiembre de 2017

My favourite series

Hello again! Today times have changed. Before we had to wait a full week to see a new chapter of a particular series. But since I discovered Netflix, my life changed forever. It is a wonder! Now I can see all the programs I like without the need to wait, even doing marathons for many hours. Once I acquired Netflix, my friends have made several series recommendations, but without a doubt, the one that I liked the most was House of Cards. It is an adaptation of the BBC's miniseries of the same name and is based on the novel by Michael Dobbs.

House of Cards is the story of Congressman Frank Underwood (Kevin Spacey), a Democrat from South Carolina's 5th congressional district and House Majority Whip. After being passed over for appointment as Secretary of State, he initiates an elaborate plan to get himself into a position of greater power, aided by his wife, Claire Underwood (Robin Wright). The series deals primarily with themes of ruthless pragmatism, manipulation, and power.

This series represents the portrait of the political intrigues that make of Washington DC a true nest of vipers, where the power is its protagonist. There is corruption and personal interests. All this plot is complemented by the impeccable acting and aesthetic work of the series with very neat camera movements. In short, House of Cards makes an x-ray of the political landscape not only of the United States, but also of the whole world.

Watch the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULwUzF1q5w4

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario